Welcome to a new church experience!
Friendly people, upbeat music, energetic worship, casual dress, practical sermons, relaxing atmosphere, encouraging relationships - all these and more add up to a positive worship experience that will help you get more closely connected to Christ and His people.
Here's what you can expect:
- You should hear music playing in the parking lot. We do this to help provide a warm Christian welcome to everyone who attends.
- Just inside the front door you’ll be greeted by friendly people. They will hand you a bulletin that describes what’s going on and will also connect you with
someone who can show you around and answer any questions you may have.
- You’ll notice that the atmosphere is relaxed, and people are dressed casually. Feel free to dress in a way that is comfortable for you.
- We have a special gift and information packet for guests. You should receive this from the people who greet you and show you around.
- If you have children with you, you can choose to keep them with you or allow them to participate in ministry opportunities available for them. We have a nursery for
children 3 years and under.
- We have children’s church for children 4 years old through 2nd grade. They begin with the adults in the regular worship service and are dismissed before the sermon
begins to have a lesson and activities designed for their ages.
- Your greeters will be happy to show you where your children need to go for these things.
- You can sit anywhere you like in the worship auditorium. Starting at 9:30 a.m. a band will lead us to worship God in singing and the words to the songs will be projected on
a large screen in the front. Feel free just to listen if you don’t know the songs, yet.
- Usually we have a time for people to greet each other after the first one or two songs. You don’t have to do
anything - the people around will include you and make you feel warmly welcomed.
- Don’t worry about when to stand up and when to sit down. Someone up front will tell you when to do what.
We don’t have any rituals you need to learn.
- When the singing is over, children 2nd grade and younger will be dismissed to children’s church for a lesson and
activities designed just for them. Your children can leave with all of the other children at that time or you can escort
them yourself if you like. Again, your children may stay with you if you choose.
- At this time our pastor will speak to us. He will present a message based on the Bible that relates to God, our
relationship with Him, and what it all means in our lives in practical ways. You are encouraged to follow along in
the Bible. Bibles are provided in the pews and page numbers are given to make it easy to find the place.
Helpful notes will be projected on the large screen in front to make it easier to understand and follow along.
- When the sermon is over, the pastor will pray - asking God to help all of us respond to what God says in a way that will honor God and be a blessing to us.
- Then the offering will be taken. This is our final act of worship during the service. As our guest you are not expected to give anything in the offering, though you are
free to give if you so desire.
- The Welcome Packet you receive will have a “Welcome Card” in it. You can also find these cards in the pews. Hopefully you will be able to fill it out and leave
it with us before you go. You can drop it in an offering plate, put it in a “Welcome - Card” box by any of the doors, or hand it to anyone who is serving in some
way. This information helps us to serve you better, and will not be shared with anyone outside of the church.
- When the worship service is over we have an extended time for coffee and refreshments in the foyer. This is a great time to enjoy something to drink and eat while
getting to know some of our friendly people - people who were once first time guests just like you!
If you would like more Bible study:
- “The Next Step Bible Study” hour begins at 11 a.m. with different opportunities for all ages. Click HERE for more information. These opportunities will be described briefly during the announcements during the worship service.
- We are located on Stafford St. about half way up “Dead Horse Hill” on the right - a brick and stone building with a sign that says “LifeSource Church”.
- Park wherever you like. There are usually open spots for guests available next to the building.
We hope to see you on Sunday!